Multichannel passive ISAR imaging for military applications (MAPIS)
Based on the APIS project, with extended goals: "To study, define, analyse a new system concept for implementing and demonstrating ISAR imaging capability in a plug-in multistatic array passive radar finalized to target recognition."
The objective of the MAPIS project is to study, define, analyze a new system concept for implementing and demonstrating ISAR imaging capability in a plug-in multistatic array passive radar for target recognition. The activity is focused on the system back-end to allow the passive radar having the following main characteristics:
- the use of wideband IOs with specific analysis of satellite waveforms,
- mission-oriented signal emitter auto-selection techniques;
- adaptive target detection/tracking and ISAR imaging.
- Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Telecomunicazioni (CNIT) (Radar and Surveillance System – RaSS - National Laboratory)
- Selex ES (SES)
- MBDA Italia (MBDA)
- University of Alcalà (UAH)
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V., acting on behalf of its Fraunhofer Institute for High Frequency Physics and Radar Techniques (FHR)
- Warsaw University of Technology (WUT)
- PIT-RADWAR (PR)
- Institute for Computer Science and Control, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (SZTAKI)
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME)