Dr. Andrea Manno-Kovács
Ph.D., research fellow
Machine Perception Research Laboratory
Address: 1111 Budapest, Kende u. 13-17.
Room number: K 405
Email: andrea.manno-kovacs AT sztaki.mta.hu
Phone: +36 1 279 6158
Personal webpage: http://mplab.sztaki.hu/~mka
I am a research fellow and project leader in computer vision, image processing and remote sensing research fields.
- PhD, Pazmany Peter Catholic University, 2013
- MSc, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, 2008
- Automatic processing of image and video data
- Salient object detection and boundary extraction
- Remote sensing data analysis for Earth observation and ecologically inspired tasks
- OWETIS, project of the European Space Agency, 2016 - 2018, principal investigator
- DUSIREF, project of the European Space Agency PECS-HU, 2013-2016, technical project manager
- A. Manno-Kovacs, "Direction Selective Contour Detection for Salient Objects", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, minor revision, 2017.
- A. Manno-Kovacs "Content based image retrieval using salient orientation histograms", IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 25-28 September 2016
- A. Manno-Kovacs and A. O. Ok, "Building Detection from Monocular VHR Images by Integrated Urban Area Knowledge", IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 2140-2144, 2015, IF:2.228
- A. Zlinszky, N. Pfeifer, A. Manno-Kovacs, T. Sziranyi, "LiDAR as a data source for the 2020 biodiversity strategy: overview, case studies and future directions for wetland conservation mapping", What can Remote Sensing do for the Conservation of Wetlands? - 1st International Symposium, pp. 24, Seville, Spain, 23 October, 2015
- A. O. Ok and A. Manno-Kovacs "Detection of buildings from high resolution satellite images using urban area knowledge", IEEE 23th Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU), pp. 292-295, Malatya, Turkey, 16-19 May, 2015
- A. Manno-Kovacs and T. Sziranyi, "Orientation-selective building detection in aerial images", ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, vol. 108, pp. 94-112, 2015, IF:4.188
- M. Shadaydeh, A. Manno-Kovacs, T. Sziranyi, "Change Detection in Wetlands using Multi-layer Fusion Markov Random Field", What can Remote Sensing do for the Conservation of Wetlands? - 1st International Symposium, pp. 21, Seville, Spain, 23 October, 2015
- A. Manno-Kovacs, "Direction Selective Vector Field Convolution for Contour Detection", IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), pp. 4722-4726, Paris, France, 27-30 October, 2014, paper in "Top10%"
- A. Kovacs and T. Sziranyi, "Improved Harris Feature Point Set for Orientation Sensitive Urban Area Detection in Aerial Images", IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 796-800, 2013, IF:1.809
- A. Manno-Kovacs and T. Sziranyi, "Multidirectional Building Detection in Aerial Images Without Shape Templates", ISPRS Workshop on High-Resolution Earth Imaging for Geospatial Information, pp. 227-232, Hannover, Germany, 21-24 May, 2013
- L. Kovacs, A. Kovacs, A. Utasi, T. Sziranyi, "Flying Target Detection and Recognition by Feature Fusion", Optical Engineering, vol. 51, no. 11, pp. 117002-1-13, 2012, IF:0.88
- A. Kovacs and T. Sziranyi, "Harris Function Based Active Contour External Force for Image Segmentation", Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 1180-1187, 2012, IF:1.266
- A. Kovacs, T. Sziranyi, P. Barsi, "Automatic detection of structural changes in single channel long time-span brain MRI images using saliency map and active contour methods", IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), pp. 1265-1268, Orlando, USA, 30 September - 3 October, 2012